- Oregon’s land use laws cause Oregon’s housing prices to increase 3% to 8% above the national average per year.
- Excessive fees, licenses, and permits increase the amount a new house costs by $20,000 to $40,000, while also adding months to the time it takes to build while going through the permit process.
- Urban Growth Boundary does not match population growth.
- Eliminate LCDC and goals become guidelines, not laws.
- If we cannot eliminate LCDC make positions electable positions.
- 3 of the 7 positions will be from urban areas.
- 3 of the 7 positions will be from rural areas.
- The 7th position will be appointed by the governor.
- Return power to localities.
- Roll back mandates, fees, and licenses.
- Streamline permit process to reduce time.
- Expand UGB to match population growth.